Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Left Field Day

I'm sitting here at my desk on my lunch break listening to disco on Pandora and having some flashbacks. These memories have been more rampant due to the fact that I went out to dinner and power shopping with my long-time friends Sheila and Pam. I adore those girls. We had a good time. I think we could have a good time just about anywhere. I was remembering a time when all I had to worry about was homework and gas in my car. Sheez, Louise, were those the days?

One thing Sheila said last night was, "remember when Susan had glasses and we didn't." They both wear reading glasses and I don't...yet...there coming.

My other random thoughts are of my younger facebook friends that post things like, "my little angel said...," "my sweet boy said...," etc. Then I am seeing postings from parents of preteens and teens saying, "I cannot believe that came out of her mouth." and "I swore I would never say that to my kids." Funny. I would've said the same thing. Of course I would've had to send it to Reader's Digest. No facebook back in the stone ages.

Random: Anybody remember mimeograph paper? I loved to smell it.

Have a blessed and safe Friday...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, mimeograph paper! Thanks for the memory.

    And life without facebook WAS a different life.
    Thanks for the memory.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the word mimeograph, I was thinking I loved the smell...then I read your comment "I loved to smell it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Readers Digest, indeed!!! We also used the phone on the kitchen wall to TALK to our friends about parenting. We didn't have to wear the darn thing and certainly didn't have to have coordinated thumbs so we could type every last thought on a two inch keyboard. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete